Join the NCWHS! Become a member today!
The National Collaborative for Women’s History Sites (NCWHS) invites you or your organization to become a member today. Founded in 2001, NCWHS supports and promotes the preservation and interpretation of sites and locales that bear witness to women’s participation in American life. The Collaborative makes women’s contributions to history visible so that all women’s experience and potential are fully valued. Member support is essential in helping NCWHS carry out its mission.
Being a member gives you specific opportunities and benefits:
- Receive one copy of each of our published guides: Women’s History: Sites and Resources and Revealing Women’s History: Best Practices at Historic Sites.
- Participate in our online Member Directory. Our directory is viewable only by members and includes name, site and email contact information.
- Access new Member Services as we develop them, including members-only content and a members’ forum.
- Showcase your work on our website. We regularly post news from member sites on our homepage and on social media, and welcome news and contributions from members.
- Enjoy exclusive access to NCWHS webinars and online workshops and other professional development opportunities to learn more about doing women’s history at historic sites.
- Attend the NCWHS Annual Member Meeting, held either online or in conjunction with a national conference in a related field.
- Present your research at sessions NCWHS organizes at the American Association for State and Local History (AASLH), National Council on Public History (NCPH), Berkshire Conference of Women Historians, the Organization of American Historians (OAH), and other national and regional conferences.
- Become an active part of a national network of individuals, organizations, and sites that share resources and promote the cause and each other.
- NCWHS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your membership and any other gift you care to make is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Don’t miss this opportunity to support the Collaborative. Please choose from one of the following methods.
- Pay Online Using your Credit Card (or PayPal account)
If you wish to renew by mail, please complete and return the NCWHS Membership Application Form:
- Microsoft Word Format (DOC) [3.14]
- Adobe Acrobat Format (PDF)
- Adobe Acrobat Fill In and Print Form (PDF)
Completed forms should be mailed to:
National Collaborative for Women’s History Sites
c/o The Evanston Women’s History Project at the Evanston History Center
225 Greenwood Street
Evanston IL 60201-4713
Telephone (847) 475-3410