Save The Date – August 27, 2022
Join the Women’s Museum of California this August to celebrate Women’s Equality Day! Women’s Equality Day commemorates the passage of the 19th amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
The Women’s Museum of California will host a festival on Saturday, August 27th from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM that will celebrate gender equality and promote civic engagement.
- Appearances from Congresswoman Sara Jacobs, CA Secretary of State Dr. Shirley Weber, Assemblywoman Akilah Weber, San Diego City Councilmember Marni von Wilpert, Chairwoman of the Manzanita Band of the Kumeyaay Nation Angela Elliott-Santos, and former Congresswoman Susan Davis.
- Activities at the Women’s Museum of California’s Education Center include poster making, button making, and docent tours of the “Crafting Feminism” exhibit.
- Women Makers Market where attendees can support women-owned businesses and artists.
- A youth suffrage parade where kids of all ages learn the importance of voting and civic engagement through activities as well as participate in a suffrage parade throughout the festival grounds.
- A display of mannequins reimagined as art installations inspired by historical women figures.
- Food Trucks
- Performances from Grupo Folklorico Herencia Mexicana, Danza Mexi’cayotl, Main Attraction, Hunky Dori, Bomba Dance Group and More!